1. Information Diligent maintains on behalf of Customer
Customers choose what information to collect or make available through the Website (“User Content”). Depending on the Customer, User Content may contain Personal Information. For the purpose of clarity, “Personal Information” as used herein shall mean any data of the Customer, by which he/ she/ it, as a person can be identified, including without limitation, name, gender, mobile number, business name, address, email address, date of birth, date of incorporation, any identity proof number, phone number etc., to which Diligent has or is likely to have access by virtue of the Customer’s consensual submission. Diligent receives and maintains this information on behalf of the Customers in order to provide its Services, and Diligent does not use such information for any other purpose except as set out herein, or as directed by the Customer, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. Diligent relies on the Customers to comply with applicable privacy and related laws when collecting, using or disclosing personal information on the Website.
2. Information collected from the Customers
- Where Diligent collects Personal Information from the Customer in the capacity of a data controller, Diligent shall be responsible for the collection, processing and disclosure of the same as described in this Policy.
- Diligent may also collect such other anonymous data that is not associated with or linked to any Personal Information (“Anonymous Data”) and which, by itself, does not permit the identification of any individual person. Anonymous Data includes without limitation, unique identifiers of the device through which the Website is accessed, such as VPN, information of WiFi connectivity and such other information. Diligent may also store these unique identifiers at times and create a profile for the respective anonymous Customers based on such Anonymous Data.
- Log file information is automatically reported by the Customer’s browser each time the Website is viewed. When a Customer registers information with Diligent, its servers automatically record certain information sent by the web browser whenever such Customer visits the Website. These server logs may include information such as web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, Analytical Code, Geo Stamp, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and Universal Resource Locators (URL), platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular page, the date and time of the request (“Log File Information”). Such Log File Information collected is not associated with any Personal Information and is only tagged to the unique identifier for a particular device.
You may opt-out of collection and usage of data through cookies by clicking on the “don’t track” or “DNT” option on the Website that lets you tell the Website that you do not want to have your online activities and data tracked.
4. Usage of information
Diligent may collect and process the Personal Information and other information collected as mentioned above for any of the following purposes –
- to effectively provide its Services;
- to allow the Customers to participate in surveys regarding Services being provided by Diligent;
- provide custom, personalized content and information;
- monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
- monitor aggregated metrics such as total number of visitors and traffic;
- to contact you and respond to your questions or requests;
- to deliver email notifications, confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages that you may request;
- archival or backup purposes;
- to alert you about updated information and such other new or updated services that may be offered by us;
- to process job application and alumni related requests, more details about which are available on corresponding portals of this Website;
- if you contact us through the “Contact Us” function on the Website, or by any other means, Diligent will process your Personal Data to the extent it is necessary for the purpose of its legitimate interests to fulfil your request and communicate with you;
- to plan and host an event or webinar, including engaging in related communication with you;
- to cooperate with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with Diligent’s legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent required; and
- to send you marketing information, product recommendations and other non- transactional communications (e.g., marketing newsletters) about Diligent and its affiliates and partners, including information about its promotions or events as necessary for Diligent ’s legitimate interests to conduct direct marketing.
5. Sharing of the collected information
Diligent may share the Personal Information received from the Customer:
- with its affiliates in connection with matters relating to the consumption of our Services by the Customer;
- with its contracted service providers which provide services such as IT and system administration and hosting, credit card processing, research and analytics, marketing, customer support and data enrichment; and
- Diligent shall not rent, sell or otherwise provide Personal Information received from the Customer to third parties without their consent, except as described in this Policy or as required by law.
- In case of a merger with or transfer of business of Diligent to another business entity, Diligent will transfer Customer’s Personal Information and such other information collected to the entity which acquires the business. In such cases, Diligent shall require that the new business entity to follow this Policy with respect to the Personal Information.
6. Data security
- Diligent is committed to protect the security of any Personal Information and uses reasonable efforts including a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect such Personal Information from any unauthorized access, loss, use or disclosure. We will take all reasonable measures in furtherance of the above commitment. However, we cannot guarantee that the Personal Information received from the Customer and other information stored on the servers will be absolutely protected. Diligent’s systems and the communications networks through which the Customer accesses the Website may be subject to security breaches and failures due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. These may include computer “hacking”, data theft or and physical theft among others. In such situations, Diligent, in compliance with the applicable data protection laws, will try to rectify the problems as soon as possible.
- Any data destroyed shall be disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of the Personal Information received by Diligent from the Customer in an appropriate manner as per the industry standard practices and norms.
- The Customer hereby acknowledges and understands that all Personal Information provided in using the Website is with their knowledgeable consent and at the Customer’s own risk.
7. Customer’s Rights
You have certain rights regarding your Personal Information, subject to the local data protection laws. If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the following rights:
Right to Access: You have the right to request for a copy of, or access to your Personal Information held by us. You may be required to prove your identity before providing the requested information;
Right to Rectification: You have the right to direct Diligent to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information;
Right to Deletion; Right to be Forgotten: You have the right to request Diligent to delete your Personal Information to the extent Diligent is not required to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation;
Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to restrict Diligent from processing your Personal Information;
Right to Data Portability: You have the right to request Diligent to transfer your Personal Information to another data controller to the extent possible;
Right to Object: You have the right to object to any processing of your Personal Information carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests;
Right to Withdrawal of Consent: If you have consented to the processing of your Personal Information by Diligent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
8. International Transfer of Data
In the process of providing our services to the Customer, Diligent may transfer the Personal Information and other information that it collects to affiliated entities or other third parties across borders, and from the Customer’s country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Therefore, if you are in the EEA, your Personal Information may be processed outside the EEA, in countries which may not provide for the same level of data protection as in the EEA. In this event, Diligent will ensure that such recipient offers an adequate level of protection by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission (Art. 46 GDPR), or Diligent will ask you for your prior consent to such international data transfers.
Any changes in this Policy by Diligent shall be posted on www.diligentglobal.com to reflect changes in its Policy so that the Customers are always aware of what information Diligent collects, uses, and under what circumstances, if any, Diligent may disclose it.
9. Contact Us
Any grievances or questions regarding this Policy should be directed to the following e- mail address: [●].