Diligent technology teams partnered with client teams to co-create and implement technical solutions supporting ongoing business strategies. Selecting and evaluating new technologies, defining product development road maps, identifying testing strategies, and implementing to delivery excellence were key components of the successful project. Multiple technologies were involved and end-customer experience was a key priority that was diligently followed resulting in accelerated feature releases and cost savings in terms of on-boarding technical expertise.
About Hydro Tasmania
The Hydro-Electric Commission or The Hydro, is the trading name of the Hydro-Electric Corporation, a Tasmanian Government business enterprise which is the predominant electricity generator in the state of Tasmania, Australia
- Customer has implemented SAP BPC for more than three years
- There was lack of Document control while preparing Annual Book
- Lot of Manual intervention and direct entries were made in BPC system annual books tables
- Any change in the source system lead to multiple manual changes in various reports in annual books.
- Customer wasn’t able to maximize the return on investment done on SAP BPC.
- Implementation of SAP DM (Disclosure Management)
- Integration of DM with BPC, using BW queries
- Automatic formatting settings in SAP DM for the various tables in the Annual Book
- Eliminate manual data entry in Annual Book. Data is pulled into DM, from BPC consolidation model.
- All data within a single DM report can be updated simultaneously when refreshing the DM content.
- BW BEx selection variables can be used in DM to reduce the overall number of BW BEx queries required, significantly simplifying the process of updating report structures when needed.
- By using Excel-based data caches in DM, the rounding issue in the DM Word chapters can be eliminated.